Translate

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Acupuncture Side Effects

    
       The thought of having needles stuck in 20 different parts of your body in order to heal yourself may come off as sadistic, scary, and even gross. How uncivilized! How barbaric! I admit to being a bit nervous when I saw the 6 inch needles during my first Acupuncture session. But I just took a deep breath and let the Doctor do his thing. Needless to say by still being a consistent patient, I was impressed with the skill and precision he used to place the needles at specific acupoints  WITHOUT pain. I did consistent research on what was being done, and what to expect as the stasis began to break up. Also, asking the Doctor one million and one questions during each visit made/makes the whole Acupuncture procedure rather enjoyable.

       Now, you know from going through this blog, or even the highlighted link in the prior paragraph that Acupuncture has caused my large fibroids to shrink. I have felt good, energized, increased my meal and water intake, and feel generally healthy. I've even gained some weight which has helped me to fill out a bit.

       As far as any negative side effects, I can't account for any from Acupuncture. However, I have one side effect from my insurance company - they recently decreased the amount covered for my sessions! As I understand the way the insurance works, I was allowed so many sessions that would be paid for by them. Now, I have to pay  the difference. Ouch.

       As the fibroids are greatly diminished, the course of action as outlined by my Acupuncturist is to slow down the treatments as continued shrinkage occurs. So, I'll be paying more for each session (above the amount of my co-pay), but going less frequently. I guess I should be grateful that the insurance picked up what it did! But with $160 (plus taxes) that has been going out of each paycheck for the last five years, and considering this is the first time (other than vision and dental) that I've had to use my insurance for a long-term treatment,  I'm still looking for a financial reprieve!


K







5 comments:

  1. “I have felt good, energized, increased my meal and water intake, and feel generally healthy.” – Good for you. Better digestion and more energy are just two of the acupuncture’s benefits. As for the negative side effects, there are none, actually. Some would feel fatigued and lightheaded, but they won’t last long as it is just part of the healing process. Jessi Casas @ Fox Valley Acupuncture

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s hard to venture into treatments that are new to you, but it’s nice to see the positive effects that are making you feel better. I just hope you’ve found a clinic that can give you financial plans for your acupuncture treatments. How are you now, K? I hope your fibroids have completely diminished. :)

    Alan Siegel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan, thanks for your comment and friendly concern. At this time I am well, and the fibroids are continuing to shrink. Since I have been going consistently to my Acupuncturist for the last 22 months, he has worked out a financial plan for me that doesn't break my bank account. It's really sad that the Affordable Healthcare plans offered for insurance does not cover Acupuncture in the state of Texas. I believe this Alternative method of healing could help so many others who have been forced to rely on ONLY Western/Traditional medical techniques for healing and curing. If Acupuncture could be included in Affordable Healthcare plans, I believe it would open many people up towards informing themselves of other ways to treat medical problems from which they are suffering, and promote them to at least try something different that has so few consequences (if none at all) as opposed to invasive procedures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Acupuncture is an ancient Chinese medical practice with roots that go back thousands of years. According to the Eastern mindset, your body is a cohesive unit, or whole – a complex system where everything within it is inter-connected, and where each part affects all other parts.
    acupuncture in walla walla

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from fibroid, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
    My wife suffered from fibroid for more than 20 year of marriage after our first son and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she had irregular and painful menstrual flow and the size of it was 5cm, and she always complain of stomach pain. we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and she left the contact of the doctor who had the natural cure to fibroid. I never imagined fibroid has a natural cure if not surgery not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it as instructed by Dr Godstime, and in one months time we went to the hospital for scan and the doctor confirmed that there is no trace of fibroid and now she is fully okay, even up till this moment she is so full of life. fibroid has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on: Drgodstimehealinghome@gmail.com or WhatsApp +2349063469910 on how to get his medication.  

    ReplyDelete