Translate

Monday, April 22, 2013

Shrinking My Fibroids: Acupuncture - A Sticky Situation

This is a pictorial re-cap of Non-invasive Moxibustion Acupuncture:



Does it hurt? Not really. I've experienced minimal discomfort on just a few occasions, all occurring from being stressed before attending a session. I would go before work and be worried about the 'close call' times of arriving late after driving across town from the Doctor's office. So I started going to sessions on my off days, early in the afternoon. The more relaxed my body and mind are during the procedure, the better. I feel electrical sensations for a couple of seconds once the inserted needle touches on an acupoint. All of the needles are strategically placed around the area where the fibroid mass is. Needles are also inserted on both hands and feet. Currently, there are 18 needles that are inserted.

When I go in, I simply lay on the little hospital bed once undressed, and close my eyes. The flashing clock/radio is on the local Classical music station, and I'm in hog heaven and completely relaxed. As the needles go in, they may tickle or give me a mild 'shocking' sensation. Many times I can feel other points in my body opening up (which is amazing) as a needle hits the acupoint.

Okay, the Frankenstein jokes can kick in:

Once all needles are in place, I am hooked up to this machine......


which is called an Acu Machine. Electrodes with tiny heads extend from the bottom knobs and are clamped on to each inserted needle (see my pick). Each knob when turned emits electrical pulses that I begin to feel. My abdomen then starts to involuntarily tremble, shake or vibrate due to the 'shock'. I use that term as a joke, of course. My Parents and I have had some creative takes off of the procedure and the other pictures I've sent them. The voltage of electricity that is used to so low, there is no fear of being accidentally electrocuted. I am then left alone to 'fry' for about 30 - 40 minutes. Having the music on was a nice touch the Doctor added a short time after I began treatments. It makes the whole session very pleasant. Also, I feel so confident because the results have been incredible. I let my mind wander, listen to the music, say some prayers and relax. The experience is rejuvenating. I definitely look forward to my acupuncture sessions - they are therapeutic!


4 comments:

  1. Thank you fro sharing your experience. How many sessions do you attend per week or month?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my pleasure to share my experience with using Acupuncture to shrink my fibroids. I attend one 40min. session per week. My insurance picked up about 12 to 15 weeks of coverage (I paid a $20 co-pay). In May they reduced coverage amount to $16. The cost per session is $60 without insurance.

      Delete
  2. It usually takes a long time to treat fibroids, even with a combination of acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine. I would suggest you have sonography (ultrasound) done before starting your TCM treatment, and then another sonophaphy after three months to see the effectiveness of the treatment, if possible. Then discuss continuation of treatment with your TCM practitioner.

    alternative medicine la jolla

    ReplyDelete
  3. VERY BIG THANKS TO DR Ebhota WITH HIS HERBS MY WIFE WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM HER ILLMENT FIBROID.
    Is my greatest pleasure to comment on this site and i thank the admin of this site for his/her great work so far.one of the happiest moment in life is when you see your own wife put to bed.this awesome moments makes you a man, she have been suffering from this illment for the pass 3 year ,I really don't know how to thank DR PAUL for curing my wife fabroid . i came across DR Ebhota contact through a headline news on internet about how he help a woman to get cured of her fabroid and so many other with similar body problem ,i contacted him and he told me how to get his herb, and the procedure to follow, few day later he sent me the herbal portion which my wife take every morning for 5 weeks , and his medicine was able to shrike the fabroid naturally,and now my wife is carring her one month old baby for our second child, and now she very okay without any side effects whatsoever, If you have similar problem, you can contact him on his trematodes work contact him on email address drebhota123456@gmail.com or call +2349035324155 to get his product

    ReplyDelete