Translate

Monday, August 26, 2013

Sticking to Your Acupuncture Sessions

 
          Pardon the pun in the title, but with this subject I just couldn't resist...."sticking" and "acupuncture"....do you get it?  Anyway, with this brief, yet important post, I wanted to highlight the importance of attending every and all Acupuncture sessions that your Practitioner suggests is sufficient to help in the healing/curing of whatever ailment. In my case of shrinking fibroids, it has been 15 months of treatment I have received up to this point, and I am consistently getting results.  My fibroids were more than 16 cm in size when I began Acupuncture treatments. Now, I have a little protrusion in my lower abdomen towards my right side. However, I can fit comfortably into my size 8 jeans once again, and see straight down to my feet.
 
     During the last year, I can recall when I missed a few sessions due to some last minute coverage I had to extend with work, I definitely saw and felt a difference in the hardness and size of the fibroids. The Non-invasive Moxibustion Acupuncture that my Doctor uses with me works to break up blood stasis, or stagnation so that there is better circulation and flow in the uterine area. As the fibroids 'break up' or break apart, I can literally feel that they get softer, then dissolve in certain areas. When I went intermittently or missed a couple of session in December, the hardness returned, and my pants started feeling tighter. It took almost a month of jumping back on track with my weekly appointments just to return to the progress that had been attained up to November. Since then, I have not missed.
 
        Going once weekly has not been any infringement on my time. I go on the same day every week (one of my consistent off days), and do a ritual before and after my session that enhances the acupuncture experience, itself.
 
       Always keep your Acupuncture appointment, and if you can, go the same day at the same time every week. You want to keep the momentum of the healing process going.*  The routine is good for the mind and the body, and I believe it aids with the continuous shrinkage with my fibroids. Toxins are being pulled out of my body with the use of Acupuncture,  along with consistent stimulation from the acupuncture needles and the low dosages of electricity that flow through them during each session, the fibroids are steadily shrinking.
 
 
 *Not everyone can undergo Acupuncture, nor will those who can have the same results I have experienced.
 
 
 K 

1 comment:

  1. I must agree with you that not everyone can have the same results as yours. Each one of us has different receptions; what is good for others may not be good for some. That's why it's still best to consult a professional before taking any actions. There's a chance that the remedy can treat you but would give you only discomfort.

    Shavonda @AvicennaDenver.com

    ReplyDelete